St Georges Road
A public event about the break up and privatisation of our NHS.
Thursday 30th June 7 – 9pm St George’s Church, St George’s Road, Kemptown BN2 1ED
Across every English region, the biggest attack on the NHS you have never heard of – the Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) is happening.
Come to this important public meeting to find out more about STP and the privatisation of the NHS and to find out what you can do to help protect your health care.
- Accident & Emergency Services under pressure
- Hospitals, GP surgeries closing
- Waiting lists are growing and treatments is being rationed
- NHS staff are dealing with pay cuts, increased workloads, & poorer terms and conditions
- NHS costs are spiraling while PFI debts and budget deficits are rocketing
- The Practice (a private GP chain) is pulling out of the city because there’s not enough profit. This will leave 10,000 patients without a GP.
- Dedicated Mental Health wards closed. Young people and adults sent all over the country. Delays in referrals.
- Children and Young People’s NHS services are going out to tender. Health Visitors are being replaced by cheaper nursery nurses. Services for teenage parents axed.
- Virgin Health Care and other private health companies are hovering.
Caroline Lucas MP;
38 Degrees Doctors of the World;
Dr Carl Walker Brighton University;
Joanne Land Co-convenor NHS Momentum;
Todd Leckie Junior Doctor;
Stephen McLean Mental Health Nurse & UNISON Sussex Partnership (pc);
Charles Harrity GMB;
Mitch Alexander Save Bevendean Surgery;
Danielle Tiplady Bursary or Bust;
Brighton SolFed members;
Mike Campbell Protect Our NHS Bristol;
Vicky Penner Save Lewisham Hospital Campaign
Download a flyer for the event