Is a co-operative right for you?
What will the day be about?
An interactive exploration of the history and application of the co-operative enterprise model; the many different types there are and their distinctive features and advantages relative to other models. It will:
- Outline the opportunities that a co-operative business model offers community groups and businesses
- Help groups already looking to start a business or organisation to determine whether the co-operative option is right for them
- Help groups identify what further work is needed to do before you are able to register as a co-operative
What attendees will learn?
- The wide range of different types of co-operative and the sectors they operate in
- The advantages and distinctive features of the co-operative model
- The factors that determine the most appropriate co-operative model for a given enterprise
- The support available to co-operative start-ups and conversions
In addition to the one-day workshop, attendees will be encouraged to visit www.thehive.coop – a business support website run Co-operatives UK in partnership with The Co-operative Bank for anyone looking to start or grow a co-operative business – and The Hive online community for new groups, new co-ops and existing co-ops to ask questions, share advice and discuss ideas.