Introduction to working in childcare
A great introduction to understanding how children develop, perfect for anyone considering a career or volunteering in a childcare environment.
This course is organised by the Workers Education Association Sussex and is free to anyone on means tested benefits (otherwise costs £63 + £10 accreditation)
When? 12.15-2.15pm Mondays from 24th April to 10th July 2017
Where? Honeycroft, Sackville Road Hove BN3 3WF
This course will provide an opportunity to explore how children grow, develop, learn to communicate and explore various factors which affect their growth and development. It will explore the role of play in a child’s development and the importance of planning for activities in childcare settings.
- Understand how play helps a child to learn
- Recognize how a child’s language and social skills develop
- Learn how children develop Physically, intellectually and Emotionally
- Students will complete a portfolio and a weekly diary which will be assessed
- Students are encouraged to gain work experience by volunteering in a nursery or Children’s Centre
More details from the WEA website