Apple Day in Stanmer Park
Apple Day is Brighton’s seasonal celebration in and around the Stanmer orchards. The event is FREE and everyone is welcome.
It’s a village fair style day out for all ages, with tours of the orchards, live music, dance and storytelling.
With a range of local craft, book, and produce stalls, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy Brighton Permaculture Trust’s own locally produced cider and fruit juice and a variety of food stalls from local, sustainable and ethical suppliers.
The day usually includes:
- Orchard and plot tours throughout the day
- Apple Identification with RHS expert Jim Arbury – bring your own apples and find out what variety they are
- Learn more about Brighton Permaculture Trust and how to make your life more sustainable at our Info point
- Fruit tree sales, fruit growing advice and a display of Sussex apple varieties
- Scything workshops
- Plant sales – edible perennials, grown by volunteers on our Permaculture plot, part of Stanmer Organics.
- Apples and apple products for sale
- The bar will be selling Brighton Permaculture Trust cider and juice, all produced on site
People are encouraged to walk, cycle or take public transport to Apple Day.